Ph.D. – Interdisciplinary Humanities – Spanish, Florida State University, 2010
- Spanish language (all levels)
- Computer assisted language learning
- Translation studies
- Science & Business – translation
- Indigenous cultures and languages of Central America
- Women & Gender Studies
Publications and Translations
- Swain, L. 2016. Forthcoming. Computer – assisted hybrid instruction and its effect on L2 Spanish performance.
- Swain, L. 2016. Forthcoming. Technological enhancement of instruction and its effect on performance in the Spanish language classroom.
- Swain, L. 2015. Forthcoming. Translation into Spanish. Swain TD, et al. Toward integrative systematics of Anthozoa: Evolution of form in the order Zoanthidea (Anthozoa: Hexacorallia). Zoologica Scripta.
- Swain, L. 2014. Translation into Spanish: Swain TD, et al. (2014) Molecular parataxonomy as taxon description: examples from recently named Zoanthidea (Cnidaria: Anthozoa) with revision based on serial histology of microanatomy. Zootaxa 3796: 81–107.
- Swain, L. 2009. Translation into Spanish: James, F. C., & Pourtless IV, J. A. (2009). Cladistics and the origin of birds: A review and two new analyses. Ornithological Monographs, 66(1), 1-78.