Students with bachelor’s degrees in any field will be considered for admission. Applications must include:
- A graduate application.
- Official transcripts from all previously attended schools indicating a strong record of academic achievement
- A carefully written personal statement, from 300-500 words long, describing the student's objectives in applying to the new media studies program.
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation can come from academic or workplace sources. Applicants who have taken college courses of any kind within the past two years are strongly encouraged to include at least one letter reflecting on academic accomplishment.
International students should also see International Admission page for further application instructions.
You can begin an application to DePaul's NMS program right now! Simply visit the Graduate Admission page to get started. Note that all of the information you will need - including the address to which you will send some items in hard copy - is included in the application form itself. We're looking forward to reading your application. Apply now.
Application materials can be sent to the following address:
Graduate Admissions Office
College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
2400 N. Sheffield
Chicago, IL 60614-3936
Credentials (including official transcripts) also can be
emailed to the Office of Graduate Admission at GradDepaul@depaul.edu. Please
make sure your name is on all documents.
Students may apply at any time of the year, as the program
adopts rolling admissions. All application materials should be received no
later than five weeks prior to the student’s desired starting date.
TOEFL and IELTS
The MA in NMS welcomes international students to study in
our program. The College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences requires that
students educated in a country where the native language is not recognized as
English must submit proof of English proficiency. Students may demonstrate
proficiency in one of the following ways:
- An official TOEFL score report: the minimum TOEFL
requirements are: 96 (Internet version), 243 (computer version), or 590 (paper
- An official IELTS score report: 7.5 or higher
- Please have your TOEFL or IELTS score report sent to DePaul
from the testing agency (institution code: 1165).