The DePaul MPH Program admits students once per year in the fall quarter. Applications must be completed online by March 1 for eligibility to enter the program in the fall quarter.
A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required for admission.
Students applying to this program are required to submit the following:
- A completed online application
- Official transcripts from all previous college coursework. A GPA of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale) is recommended, but not required, for admission.
- Official GRE scores if GPA is below 3.0. Submission of GRE scores is recommended for students with a GPA of 3.0 or above, but it is not required for admission. The Medical College Admission Test (MCAT), Dental Admission Test (DAT), Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) or Law School Admission Test (LSAT) scores can be substituted for GRE scores. The DePaul Institution Code is 1165.
- Responses to the following questions:
- Your previous applied public health experience (250 words)
- Your reasons for seeking an MPH degree in community health practice (250 words)
- Your reasons for seeking an MPH degree from DePaul University (150 words)
- Where you see yourself professionally in five years and a description of the type of work you will be doing (250 words)
- What is unique about you that the admission committee should know (150 words)
- Two letters of recommendation: one from a person who can speak to the applicant’s academic performance and one who can speak to the applicant’s ability to work with diverse communities and hold a commitment to social justice.
- Current résumé or curriculum vitae
Applicants may be asked to provide additional supplemental materials or to interview should the admissions committee require it.
Students educated outside the United States must present proof of English proficiency. The college requires a minimum TOEFL score of 80 on the TOEFL iBT, 213 on the computer-based test or 550 on the paper-based test. While applicants who meet the college minimum will be reviewed, the MPH admission committee prefers TOEFL scores of at least 96 on the TOEFL iBT, 243 on the computer-based test or 590 on the paper-based test. A minimum 7.5 on the IELTS may be submitted for this requirement.
How to Apply
- Online applications can be submitted at go.depaul.edu/apply.
- Application credentials can be submitted through the online application or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additionally, official electronic transcripts can be emailed to email@example.com directly by the issuing institution.
- Please make sure your name is on all documents.
Transcripts and other required credentials also can be mailed to: The Office of Graduate Admission, College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, DePaul University, 2400 N. Sheffield Ave., Chicago, IL 60614.
The MPH program admits for the fall quarter only. The application deadline for fall term is March 1. Upon receipt of the completed application, all materials are reviewed by members of the MPH faculty admissions committee.
For More Information
Admissions events include Graduate School Open Houses and MPH Program Information Sessions. At these events, prospective students can learn about admissions requirements and program content. Faculty, staff, and students are also available to answer questions at these session. You can view the schedule of upcoming events here; we look forward to seeing you there!