Graduate tuition is paid on a per credit hour basis. For the 2016-2017 academic year, the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences per credit hour tuition rate is $670.
For more information on tuition rates, please visit DePaul's tuition website.
The Master of Public Health Program awards two graduate
assistantships each year for students to participate in research by assisting
MPH faculty. The students will be placed with MPH faculty based on the kinds of
research skills they would like to develop. A GA could work with more than one
faculty member over the course of the year on a range of projects in both
qualitative and quantitative research. The expectation is that the selected
students will gain valuable knowledge, experience, and skills for building a
career in public health research and faculty will benefit from their support.
The selected students are also expected to share the results of the research at
the annual Health Disparities and Social Justice Conference.
The GA position comes with 16 credit hours (4 courses) of
tuition support and a stipend.
- Full time MPH student for the 2016-17 academic year enrolled
in at least 16 credit hours (4 courses)
- Have completed/currently enrolled in MPH 501, 502, 511, 512,
522, and 541
- Able to dedicate an average of 10 hours per week for the
- Able to assume the position on September 7, 2016
- Have a GPA of 3.75 or higher at the time of the application
- Demonstrates the capacity and interest for advanced public
- Not employed full time at DePaul University
- Not receiving other forms of tuition support from DePaul
- Not on academic probation
Students who plan to fund their graduate education through
federal loans should complete and submit the Free Application for FederalStudent Aid (FAFSA). DePaul's Financial Aid Office will create a financial aid
package based on your FAFSA information.
Double Demon Scholarship
Alumni from any of DePaul’s colleges who are admitted into a
graduate degree program in the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences automatically
qualify for the Double Demon Scholarship.
DePaul University employees are eligible for other employee
tuition benefits through the university, and therefore are not eligible for the
Double Demon Scholarship.
To learn more about this scholarship, please contact the
Office of Graduate Admission at (773) 325-4405 or GradDePaul@depaul.edu.