All students must complete the following to apply for degree conferral and participate in commencement.
1. Complete a minimum of 52 quarter hours.
2. Earn a minimum of 2.7 cumulative grade point average and earn grades of C- or better in all coursework.
3. Apply for degree conferral for the quarter in which you anticipate completing your requirements. Apply via Campus Connection (For Students>Graduation>Apply for Degree Conferral). You do not qualify for degree conferral and you cannot participate in the commencement ceremony without submitting a degree conferral application. There is no application fee.
November (autumn) October 1st
March (winter) January 15th
June (spring) February 1st
August (summer)* July 15th
4. RSVP for the commencement ceremony via Campus Connection (For Students>Graduation>Commencement RSVP). Please note: RSVP link goes live sometime in January.
5. Once you have submitted your ceremony RSVP, immediately follow the blue link presented to order your cap and gown from the Herff Jones website provided on the RSVP webpage.
* August conferral applicants who wish to participate in the June commencement ceremony must apply for degree conferral, RSVP for the ceremony and order their cap & gown by the first of May.
Graduation With Distinction
Distinction is conferred upon a student who has maintained a 3.75 cumulative grade point average or higher.
Almost Alumni Fair
The Almost Alumni Fair is an annual event held each March by DePaul. This fair allows graduates to get the facts about their upcoming ceremony, investigate their financial options after college, find information about hotels around the commencement venues, and learn about Alumni Relations and the privileges that accompany becoming a DePaul alumnus.
Photographers will be on site to take photos of you in your cap and gown. You will be able to purchase announcements and DePaul graduate memorabilia.
Cap and Gown Distribution
The distribution of caps and gowns is generally held the second Monday and Tuesday of the month in June, on the Loop Campus from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. You must pick up your cap and gown on campus prior to commencement. If you will be unable to pick up your cap and gown, you may send a designee with a letter indicating your permission. Please include your name and student ID number.