The DePaul MPH Program admits students once per year in the Autumn quarter. Application for admission must be completed online by March 1 for eligibility to enter the program in Autumn quarter.
Students applying to this program are required to:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. A GPA of 3.0 or above (on a 4 point scale) is recommended, but not required for admission.
- Submit Graduate Record Examinations® (GRE®) General Test scores if their GPA falls below 3.0. Medical College Admission Test (MCAT), Dental Admission Test (DAT), or Pharmacology College Admission Test (PCAT) scores may be substituted for GRE scores (Institution Code: 1165).
- Submit a 1-2 page personal statement that describes the applicant’s prior/current experiences related to the public health field and explains the applicant’s desire to earn a master’s degree in public health. The DePaul University Master of Public Health Program is a rigorous, professional graduate program. The personal statement should also address how applicants plan to integrate the necessary time commitments of this program with one’s existing professional and/or personal duties and responsibilities.
- Submit a current résumé or curriculum vitae.
- Have successfully completed one (1) semester of an introductory biology course OR two (2) trimesters or quarter classes of introductory biology courses.
- Have successfully completed an introductory level statistics course.
- Submit a TOEFL score if they are a foreign student for whom English is a second language. DePaul will consider applicants who receive a score 96 or higher on the new internet-Based Test (iBT) test—590 or higher on the traditional Paper-Based Test (PBT/ITP) or 243 on the Computer Based Test (CBT). TOEFL scores are good for only two years.
How to Apply
Online applications can be submitted at http://www.depaul.edu/apply
The application deadline for Autumn 2014 is Saturday, March 1, 2014. All materials must be received via internet by March 1, 2014. As previously noted: DePaul MPH Program only admits students once a year during Autumn quarter.
Please join us for an upcoming information session about the MPH Program. At the information session you will have the opportunity to learn about program content, admission requirements, and meet with program faculty, staff, and students. View admission event details or RSVP for an upcoming information session or open house.
MPH Information Sessions
Graduate Open Houses