For students requiring an I-20 form to apply for or maintain their F-1 student visa status:
Admitted international students seeking an F-1 or J-1 student visa must submit the following documents:
- a copy of the identification page of your passport
- a complete Financial Affidavit of Support form (available online after admission), and
- original financial documents showing your ability to afford tuition and living expenses (through personal expenses or a sponsor). Please note that the financial affidavit of support form and original bank statement verifying the availability of funds cannot be more than six months old. In addition, all documents must be written in English or accompanied by an official translation. Promissory notes or employers statement of estimated earnings will not be accepted.
If you are currently in F-1 visa status and attending another school, college, university or English Language program in the U.S. and are admitted to DePaul University, you must receive a new DePaul I-20 form and must submit the following documents in addition to the documents listed above:
- a copy of your current or expired student visa page of passport
- a copy of the front and back of your I-94 card
- a copy of your current or previous I-20 form
- a completed transfer release form (provided upon admission)
- and a copy of EAD card if you are currently on OPT.
You must receive your new DePaul I-20 within 60 days of completing your studies at your current institution. The documents outlined above are not requirements for admission, but are necessary for the issuance of your I-20 form. Please note that I-20 forms can only be issued to students who are accepted to DePaul in a full-time degree-seeking program.
Once a student is accepted, the Office of Graduate Admission will send each student an email listing the next steps to take, the specific documents you will need to submit in order to obtain your I-20 or DS-2019, as well as the website to which you may log on and submit all of the required documents. All admitted students are encouraged to submit their documents online. If you are unable to do so, you may email your documents to our office at GradDePaul@depaul.edu.