College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences > Academics > Certificates >
The Certificate in Publishing requires sixteen credit hours and welcomes students who have earned a bachelor's degree in any field.
The Certificate in Publishing can broaden and strengthen the preparation of students seeking to work in the publishing industry. This program serves students in graduate programs at DePaul as well as students-at-large interested in various aspects of publishing. Course offerings focus on book, magazine/journal, and digital publishing, and a wide array of internship opportunities allows students to gain practical skills and to network in the field.
- Three graduate courses in publishing. These courses may be chosen from among the following:
- ENG 477. This course may be repeated with different topics that include:
- American Literary Magazine
- Book Editing
- Book Production
- Book Launching/Publicity
- Digital Publishing
- The Independent Press
- ENG 496. This course may be repeated with different topics.
- One internship course (ENG 509)
How to Apply
- Please submit the following:
- Official transcripts from all previous college coursework (a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale is recommended but not required for admission)
- Completed online application (go.depaul.edu/apply)
- Personal statement that describes the applicant's prior/current publishing-related experiences and explains his or her desire to earn a certificate
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
Content displayed from this DePaul University catalog page.