DePaul University College of LAS > Academics > Liberal Studies > Graduate Program > Liberal Studies (MA) >
Unique Features of the MALS Program
- Simplified Application Process: MALS offers an uncomplicated application process that can be completed in a few weeks’ time.
- Year-round admission: The program admits students on a rolling
basis. However, students are strongly encouraged to begin in the Autumn
Quarter in order to take advantage of the MALS gateway course, MLS 401:
Visions of the Self.
- Convenient class times: Classes meet in the evening once each
week and are available on both DePaul’s Loop and Lincoln Park Campuses.
- Tuition scholarships: Partial tuition scholarships are available for qualified students.
- Web registration.
- Personal advising at every stage, from admission to graduation.
- Workshops that assist returning students with graduate level writing and library research.
- Parking facilities close to classrooms.
- Faculty who are selected by the director for their excellence in teaching and their interest in adult learners.
- Small classes, especially in the MALS core courses, to encourage discussion and exchange of ideas.