College of LAS > Academics > Public Health > Faculty >
- Director of Community Partnerships
- PhD, MPH
- Public Health
- 14 E. Jackson Blvd., MPH Suite 710, Room 710A
- PhD University of Illinois at Chicago
- MPH Tulane University
- BS University of Missouri
- MPH 699: Community Health Practicum
- MPH 556: Women’s Health
- LGBT health (stigma, identity development, mental health)
- Women’s health
- Community health practice
- Campus-community partnerships to address health disparities
- Dirkes, J., Hughes, T.L., Johnson, T., Bostwick, W., & Ramirez-Valles, J. Sexual Identity Development: Relationship to Lifetime Suicidal Idealization in Sexual Minority Women. Journal of Clinical Nursing (forthcoming).
- Ramirez-Valles, J., Molina, Y., & Dirkes, J. (2013). Stigma towards PLWHA: The role of internalized homosexual stigma in Latino gay/bisexual male and transgender communities. AIDS Education and Prevention, 25(3), 179-189.
- Ramirez-Valles, J., Dirkes, J., & Berrett, H. (2013). GayBy Boomers’ social support: Exploring the connection between health and emotional and instrumental support in older gay men. Journal of Gerontological Social Work, 57(2-4), 218-234.