The Master of Business Administration/Master of Public Health (MBA/MPH) joint degree develops students’ managerial acumen and their expertise as public health professionals. The landscape for healthcare managers is radically changing due to advances in technology, shifts in demographics, and aging of the population. Success in this highly competitive field not only requires traditional business skills in finance and operations, but also an in-depth understanding of disease prevention and health promotion at the organizational and community level.
Offered jointly by the Kellstadt Graduate School of Business and the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, this unique 88-credit MBA/MPH provides students with the opportunity to earn advanced degrees in two highly complementary fields—business and public health. Focusing on Healthcare Sector Management and Community Health Practice, respectively, the MBA/MPH program allows students to obtain both degrees in as little as three years of full-time course work. This rigorous program is designed for highly motivated students who work or plan to work in management, executive, or consulting positions in community/population health. Acceptance into the joint degree program requires applicants to meet the admissions requirements of both the MBA and MPH program.
|MBA Core Requirements
|MBA Concentration Requirements
|Total Hours Required
Degree requirements can be found here
A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution is required for admission.
Students applying to this program are required to submit the following:
- Official transcripts from all previous college course work. A bachelor's degree (from a regionally accredited institution), or equivalent, is required.
- A resume or curriculum vitae (CV) that summarizes your education and relevant experience.
- Two letters of recommendation attesting to your ability to succeed in graduate school.
- Official GMAT or GRE results not more than five years old with the following exceptions:
- Driehaus College of Business undergraduate alumni with cumulative GPA of at least 3.2 and 2+ years of work experience.
- Applicants with a terminal degree (i.e., doctoral degree) and advanced mathematics.
- Applicants with eight or more years of work experience and advanced mathematics.
- Test scores are official only when received directly from the testing vendor.
- Students who completed their bachelor's degree in a country where English is not the official native language must provide proof of English proficiency. Students holding an undergraduate or graduate degree from a U.S. institution or other English-only speaking country will not be required to provide English proficiency test scores.
- Applicants may be asked to provide additional supplemental materials or to interview should the admissions committee require it.