College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences > Academics > School of Public Service > Student Resources > Graduate > New Student Orientation > FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

Next is to get registered for classes.  Refer to our registration page and the first steps page for more information on getting started at DePaul.

Students can register for courses at or after their eligibility time.  Students can find their registration day and time on campus connect.

Students register for classes via campus connect.  Please refer to our registration page for the steps on how to register for classes.

Students should meet with their faculty mentor during their first quarter to develop a curriculum plan.

Online classes are restricted to online students only for part of registration.  Please refer to the courses and schedules page for further information on how to be waitlisted for an online class.

SPS does not offer classes during the December Intersession.

Students are assigned a faculty mentor based on their program.  Students can find the contact information for their faculty mentors on campus connect under the student center tab.

Please refer to our advising page for a detailed description of the difference between a student’s academic advisor and faculty mentor.

It depends on your program.  Please refer to our graduate programs tab for further information on your programs requirements.  You should also meet with your academic advisor to discuss all course and program requirements.

Yes!  SPS offers quarterly scholarships.  Please refer to our financial aid & scholarships page for more information.  Students are also notified of available scholarships and application deadlines via the monthly SPS eMemo.  The monthly eMemo is sent out via email to all current students during the academic year (autumn, winter, and spring quarters).

Yes.  Graduate Assistants (GA) are selected for a year appointment.  GA applications are due on May 1st of each year and you can find more information about our GA positions on our financial aid & scholarships page.

You can get your student ID made at either ID services location.  Please see the ID Services page with locations and hours.
Only full-time students (2 classes or 8 credit hours) are eligible for a U-Pass.  U-Pass pick up is usually held during the first week of the quarter and for more information please see the U-Pass site.
Yes.  Your email address is your user name (used to log into Campus Connect) followed by