- WGS 100: Women’s Lives: Race, Gender, Class
- WGS 212: Growing Up Female in the US
- LSP 200: Race in America: Black, White, Other
- WGS 250: Feminist Frameworks
- WGS 388/LGQ: Queer Theory: An Introduction
Areas of Interest
- Women of Color Feminisms
- Black Women’s Studies
- Autobiographical & Narrative Studies
- Queer Theory & LGBT Historys
- Civil Rights
- Women in Sports
- Mitchell, A. M. (Forthcoming Book Chapter, 2015). “Beyonce As Aggressive Black Femme and Knowing Subject.” Ed. Adrienne Trier-Bieniek. The Beyonce Effect.
- Mitchell, A. M. (Article In Progress). “D-Girls and Awkward Girls: What the N.W.A. Biopic and Social Media Tell Us About the Intersection of Black Beauty Standards and Cultural Hegemony.” Humboldt Journal of Social Relations.
- Chawansky, Megan & Anne Mitchell. (Articles in Progress).“Griner & Johnson Are Getting Married: The Intersection of Women’s Sports and Queerness.” www.allrounder.co
Manuscript in Progress
Civil Rights Subjectivities and Black Autobiography.