Each academic year students from all
First-Year Writing courses are invited to submit their work to the annual
Writing Showcase at DePaul. This event celebrates the role of writing and
writers in our academic, public, and private lives.
The Writing Showcase honors the work
of students and faculty in First-Year Program courses. A panel of judges from
across the university will invite authors of the outstanding entries to display
their work. Beyond the honor of being featured in the Showcase, student
authors will also receive awards funded by DePaul’s colleges. Attendance at the
event is open to members of the DePaul community, their friends and families,
and the general public. A panel of judges from across the university will invite authors of outstanding entries to display their work.
Who can enter
Current DePaul students may enter
work written for the
- FYSW 102
- WRD 102, 102x, 103, 103x, 104 and 104x
- Focal Point Seminars LSP 112
- Discover LSP 110 and Explore Chicago LSP 111
- Honors 100, 110, 111 and 180
- Quantitative Reasoning LSP 120
Texts may include
- Essays (including narrative, analytical, reflective,
critical, researched, and others)
- Digication Portfolios
- Multimodal Projects
- Reports and interviews from field work
The First-Year Program Library Research Prize
- This separate prize (research essays only) recognizes outstanding achievement in the application of information literary skills in developing search strategies, using information resources and evaluating materials. For more information, visit the University Library website.
How to submit
- Fill out the entry form.
- Group projects should submit a single entry that lists all authors and designates a contact person for the group.
- After submitting the form you will receive an email within three business days with instructions on how to upload your entry to Digication for judging.
- Writers may submit up to two writing projects before the deadline: The
entry deadline has passed. Thanks for your interest.
You will then receive further instructions via email on how to upload your entry to a specific Digication Community site based on your entry type (individual essay, portfolio, multimodal project, etc.)
Writing Program Director: Erin Workman
For questions about uploading your
entry, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org