College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences > Academics > Writing, Rhetoric and Discourse > Undergraduate > Writing, Rhetoric and Discourse (BA) > FAQ


How do I declare a WRD major?

Before declaring the major, you are strongly encouraged to meet with the department chair.

You can declare the WRD major online via Campus Connect using the "Declarations and Inter-College Transfer" tool. Go to Campus Connect > Academic Records > Change College, Major or Minor.

Who is the advisor for the WRD major?

Peter Vandenberg, the WRD Department Chair, serves as the advisor for WRD majors. His office is located in the Schmitt Academic Cener, room 350 (2320 N Kenmore Ave, Chicago, IL 60614). The best way to contact him is by email:

Who do I contact for more information about the program?

Contact Professor Vandenberg via email: or phone: 773-325-1795.
Don't see an answer to your question? Email us at wrd[at]