College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences > Academics > School of Public Service > Student Resources > Graduate > Graduation
All students must complete the following to apply for degree conferral and participate in commencement.
1. Complete a minimum of 52 quarter hours.
2. Earn a minimum of 2.7 cumulative grade point average and earn grades of C- or better in all coursework.
3. Apply for degree conferral for the quarter in which you anticipate completing your requirements. Apply via Campus Connect (Student Center tab>My Academics>Apply to Graduate). You do not qualify for degree conferral and you cannot participate in the commencement ceremony without submitting a degree conferral application. There is no application fee.Conferral Deadlines
November (autumn) October 1st
March (winter) January 15th
June (spring) February 1st
August (summer)* July 15th
4. The College Office will contact students with information regarding cap and gown ordering. There is no formal RSVP to the ceremony.
5. Review additional commencement information online via the >university commencement website.
* August conferral applicants who wish to participate in the June commencement ceremony must apply for degree conferral, RSVP for the ceremony and order their cap & gown by the first of May.
Graduation With Distinction
Distinction is conferred upon a student who has maintained a 3.75 cumulative grade point average or higher.
Students can pick up your cap and gown reservations at Commencement Kick-Off held the second Monday and Tuesday of the month in June, on the Lincoln Park Campus from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. You must pick up your cap and gown on campus prior to commencement. If you will be unable to pick up your cap and gown, you may send a designee with a letter indicating your permission. Please include your name and student ID number.