College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences > Academics > Economics Honors (BA) >
Economics majors will be invited each term to participate in the Honors Track if they meet the following criteria:
- Have declared Economics as their major (or second major).
- Have completed ECO 305 and ECO 306 with a minimum grade of B- in each course.
- Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.300 in all economics courses taken at DePaul.
|ECO 105||PRINCIPLES OF MICROECONOMICS||4|
|ECO 106||PRINCIPLES OF MACROECONOMICS||4|
|ECO 305||INTERMEDIATE MICROECONOMICS (Minimum grade of B-)||4|
|ECO 306||INTERMEDIATE MACROECONOMICS (Minimum grade of B-)||4|
|ECO 375||INTRODUCTION TO ECONOMETRICS (Minimum grade of B-)||4|
|MARKET STRUCTURE AND REGULATION OF BUSINESS|
|ECONOMICS OF THE PUBLIC SECTOR|
|DEVELOPMENT OF ECONOMIC THOUGHT|
|TIME SERIES ANALYSIS|
|MAT 135||BUSINESS CALCULUS I (taken as a Scientific Inquiry domain course)||4|
|MAT 136||BUSINESS CALCULUS II||4|
|MAT 137||BUSINESS STATISTICS (or an equivalent statistics course approved by an Economics advisor)||4|
MAT 150 and MAT 151 may be substituted for MAT 135 & MAT 136.
- Honors Track students must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.300 (B+ average) in all economics courses taken at DePaul.
- Honors Track students must submit a paper written for any economics class that meets the following criteria:
- the student earned a B+ or better on the paper;
- the paper contained a literature review based on at least 5 sources; and
- the paper was at least 10 pages OR used econometrics.
- the paper was sole-authored
This requirement must be satisfied using a paper from a course taken at DePaul. Students should contact the Director of the Undergraduate Economics Program for submission guidelines.
Content displayed from this DePaul University catalog page.