MA DePaul University
Yingcai is a scholar both in Chinese and English language and literature. Prior to teaching at DePaul University, he was teaching in Fudan University, one of the few most prestigious universities in China. He then went as a visiting scholar to McMaster University and the University of Toronto in Canada, where he taught courses on Chinese language and literature while studying Canadian literature. Once Yingcai returned to Shanghai, China, he continued his English teaching in Fudan for more than a decade before migrating to the U.S. with his family to obtain his MA in English Literature at DePaul.
Though he loves the English Language and literature, Yingcai’s passion has always been Chinese literature with special emphasizes on calligraphy and poetry, both classic and contemporary, theory as well as practice. His expertise of the Chinese Literature has also prompted his interest in Chinese cinema and translations.
- Chinese language courses
- Chinese 321 - Translation
- Chinese 330 - Modern Chinese Literature
- MOL 248 - Chinese Calligraphy (Arts & Literature domain course)
- MOL 250 - Chinese Cinema (Arts & Literature domain course)
Translations from English to Chinese
- PACE -- THE CAPITAL OF WEST AUSTRALIA, Shanghai Translation Publishing House, 1983
- VENICE RISES ABOVE A SEA OF TROUBLES, Shanghai Translation Publishing House, 1983
- HIS LENS FOCUSES ON THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD, Shanghai Translation Publishing House, 1985
Translations from Chinese to English
- A SELECTION FROM THE EIGHT GREAT PROSE MASTERS OF THE TANG AND SONG DYNASTIES, Shanghai Foreign Language Education Press, 2011 1st edition, 2012 2nd edition (A gift Chinese President Xi Jinping gave to Lincoln High School (USA) in 2015, as well as a must-read book listed by Beijing Foreign Language University for students who take the graduate entrance examination)
- SELECTED WORKS OF CONTEMPORARY CHINESE PROSE, Shanghai Foreign Language Education Press, 1st edition 2013, 2nd edition 2014
- SELECTED WORKS OF CLASSICAL CHINESE PROSE, Shanghai Foreign Language Education Press, 2014 (A gift Chinese President Xi Jinping gave to Lincoln High School (USA) in 2015