The School of Public Service welcomes international students from all over the world.
For more information please visit the DePaul University International Admission page.
International students must submit the following documents:
- Official transcripts from an undergraduate university showing the successful completion of a bachelor's degree. Please view the link above for detailed information about this process.
- A resume.
- A two-page personal statement describing your educational and career goals, relevant work or volunteer experience, and any special circumstances affective past or prospective academic performance.
- View more information here.
- For those who have completed their last degree outside of the U.S., a minimum TOEFL score of 590 (paper exam) 243 (computer exam), or 96 (Internet exam, with no section score less than 17). Those who fail to meet the minimum score, yet show promise, may be eligible for admission into the DePaul English Language Academy. The School may waive the TOEFL requirement for those who have worked in the U.S. for two years or more or can provide a letter from an employer stating the duration of employment and proficiency in English. (NOTE: The program also accepts the IELTS, in which a minimum score of 7.5 is required.)
- Students requesting an I-20 should indicate their visa needs on their application for admission and submit the following financial documents original, not faxed or copied dated no earlier than six months prior to the start of the entry term:
After receiving all required documents, the School Admissions Committee decides whether to admit the student. If the decision is positive decision, the I-20 s processed within 7-10 business days. We recommend scheduling consulate appointments only after the University has issued I-20 paperwork.
An Affidavit of Support is required if funds come from a source other than the applicant.
Send documentation to:
Office of Graduate Admission
College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
2400 N Sheffield Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614
Prospective students may contact the DePaul Office of Graduate Admissions.