To be eligible for the sustainable urban development program, students must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. In addition, successful applicants will demonstrate a strong academic record, coursework and/or professional experience in sustainable development or related fields, and an interest in pursuing a career related to sustainable urban development.
To apply, please submit the following:
- a completed online application;
- official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended;
- a current CV or resume;
- a two-page personal statement that reflects on a student’s past coursework and/or experiences in sustainable development and related fields, discusses future goals, and explains why this particular program appeals to them;
- an application to the MA in Sustainable Urban Development does not require the GRE, LSAT or GMAT.
How to Apply
Application can be submitted through the Online Application Center
Transcripts and other required credentials should be mailed to:
The Office of Graduate Admission
College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
2400 North Sheffield Avenue
Chicago, IL 60614-3936
Application credentials (including official electronic transcripts) also can be emailed to The Office of Graduate Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure your name is on all documents.
Students educated outside of the United States where English is not the official native language must present evidence of English proficiency. The College of LIberal Arts and Social Sciences (LAS) requires a minimum TOEFL score of 80 (iBT) or 550 (pBT) to be considered for admission to an LAS graduate program. Successful applicants to the MA in Sustainable Urban Development generally have a TOEFL score of 96 (iBT) or 590 (pBT). A minimum of 7.5 on the IELTS may be substituted.
International students (those who were educated outside of the U.S. and/or require an F1 visa) must take additional steps to be considered for admission. Please visit the International Admission page for exact information.
Combined Bachelor's/Master's Applicants
Students completing any undergraduate degree at DePaul are eligible to apply for the Bachelor's/Master's in Sustainable Urban Development in their junior year if they meet the following criteria:
- They have achieved junior status.
- They have completed at least 88 credit hours of their undergraduate degree.
- They have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Students interested in the program must submit an application with the Office of Graduate Admission no later than the end of the Spring Quarter of their junior year. Students seeking admission to the BA/MA Program in Sustainable Urban Development must:
- Submit an application
- Provide a copy of their undergraduate transcript
- Provide a Statement of Purpose (2 pages) explaining why the student is seeking admission to the program
- Provide a resume
The application and all supporting documents can be emailed to email@example.com
Please note that the information provided is current as of February 2017 and is subject to change.
Learn more about Graduate Admission.
Ready to apply?
If you need assistance to complete your application and/or have questions, contact the LAS Graduate Admission office at (773) 325-7315 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate Admission Questions?
Contact us with questions you may have concerning the graduate admission process. We will work with you to ensure you are ready to take the next step.
Click to message us