Rhetorical theory; visual and material rhetorics; digital rhetorics;
new media studies; memory studies
Courses Recently Taught
- WRD 204: Technical Writing
- WRD 261: Digital Culture
- WRD 306: Rhetorical Traditions
- WRD 363: Visual Rhetoric
- NMS 502: Old Media, New Media
- NMS 508: Design Rhetorics
- Frith, J., & Kalin, J. (in press). Here I used to be:
Mobile media and practices of place-based digital memory. Space and
- Kalin, J. (in press). Gathering memories with augmented
reality. In S. Morey & J. Tinnell (Eds.), All the world’s a link.
West Lafayette, IN: Parlor Press.
- Kalin, J. (in press). [Review of the book A conspiracy of
images: Andy Warhol, Gerhard Richter, and the art of the Cold War, by J. J.
Curley] Visual Communication Quarterly.
- Kalin, J. (2013). Remembering with rephotography: A social
practice for the invention of memories. Visual Communication Quarterly
- Kalin, J. (2012) Doing what comes naturally? Student
perceptions and use of collaborative technologies.International Journal for
the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.