Multilingual college writers; sociopolitical dimensions of English language learning and teaching; rhetorics of immigration; TESOL education; Chicago’s Polish immigrant community; rhetorics of popular music.
Courses Recently Taught
- WRD 103: Composition and Rhetoric I
- WRD 104x: Composition and Rhetoric II for Multilingual Writers
- WRD 378: Teaching English as a Second Language in Chicago (service-learning course)
- WRD 507: Global Englishes
- WRD 543: Teaching ESL Writing
- WRD 544: Teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language
- LSP 111: Polish Immigrants in Chicago: Then & Now
- HON 301: Globalization and Immigration
“From Urban Enclave to Ethnoburb: Discourse, Space, and Community in Polish Chicago.” The Iowa Journal of Cultural Studies 15.1 (2014): 80-102.
- College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences Awards Committee