New media and digital writing; Digital storytelling; Workplace and organizational writing
Courses Recently Taught
- NMS 510: Writing Digital Content
- NMS 541: Digital Storytelling
- WRD 201: Digital Writing
- WRD 286: Writing with Photographs
- WRD 206: Professional Writing
- WRD 522: Writing in the Professions
- "Nonprofit Collections of Digital Personal Experience Narratives: An Exploratory Study." Journal of Business and Technical Communication (forthcoming, April 2017)
- "When Writing Becomes Content." College Composition
and Communication 67:2 (2015): 173-196.
- "Building the Capacity of Organizations for Rhetorical Action
With New Media: An Approach to Service Learning." Computers and
Composition: An International Journal 34.4 (2014): 11-22.
- "The Ethical Complexities of Sponsored Digital
Storytelling," International Journal of Cultural Studies 16.6
- "Genre-informed Implementation Analysis: An Approach for
Assessing the Sustainability of New Textual Practices." Technological
Ecologies and Sustainability: Methods, Modes, and Assessment.
Eds. Danielle DeVoss, Heidi McKee, & Dickie Selfe. Logan,
UT: Computers and Composition Digital Press/Utah State UP, 2009.
- New Skills, New Syntax: Integrating Digital Storytelling into
Organizations. Story Circle: Digital Storytelling Around the World.
Eds. John Hartley & Kelly McWilliam (Eds.), Oxford:
Blackwell, 2009. 260-268.
- BlueStar Faculty Advisory Committee
- Public Service Council
- Studio Chi Advisory Committee
- Teaching, Learning, and Assessment Committee