Multilingual speakers, English Language Learners (ELL),
Bilingual and Intercultural Education, Education policy, Teacher preparation,
Language rights, Indigenous rights, Immigration experience of students,
First-generation students, Transnationalism, Anthropology and Education,
Literacy and culture.
- Morales, P.Z., Vazquez, V., Saravia, L. (in
progress) Regaño as caring: Discursive strategies promoting bicultural academic identities in a
dual immersion classroom.Linguistics and Education.
- Raza, S., Saravia, L., Katsiaficas, D. (fall 2018)
“You don’t know if people are going to be hostile about it”: Examining the ways in which
undocumented college students critically navigate the disclosure of status. Journal of
Diversity in Higher Education.
- Saravia, L. (Fall 2016) Mi Tía: Stories of a murdered
scholar in Guatemala. The Journal of Mujeres Activas en Letras y Cambio Social. 16, pp. 162-168.
- Morales, P.Z. & Saravia, L. (forthcoming) The
practice of cariño for emergent bilingual students: Latinx students in U.S. and indigenous Guatemaltecos. In M.
Pacheco & P.Z.
- Morales (Eds.), Transforming schooling for second
language learners: Policies, pedagogies, and practices. Information Age