Composition theory and pedagogy; writing instruction; writing center studies and writing program administration; new media production.
Courses Recently Taught
- WRD 104: Composition & Rhetoric II
- WRD 241: The Essay from Print to New Media
- WRD 309: Ghostwriting
- WRD 500: Proseminar
- WRD 513: Semiotics
- WRD 515: The Essay
- WRD 541: Composition Theory
- Keywords in Writing Studies. Utah State University Press. Co-edited with Paul Heilker. 2015.
- "Composition Studies." GXB. Genre across borders: an international, interdisciplinary network of researchers, theories, and resources. 2012.
- Advancing by Degree: Placing the MA in Writing Studies. Conference on College Composition and Communication 62.2 (December 2010): 257-282. (Co-authored with Jennifer Clary-Lemon.)
- "Expanding the Space of Face-to-Face: Writing Centers and Audio-Visual-Textual Conferencing." Kairos 13.1 (August 2008). (With Melanie Yergeau and Katherine Wozniak.)
Selected Professional Activities
- Immediate Past President, Independent Writing Departments and Programs Association, 2015-16.
Faculty Council Handbook Committee