Teaching at Huaqiao offers an excellent opportunity to participate in the
partnership between the two universities, which has continued to grow over the
last two years. Visiting Scholars from Huaqiao have spent time at DePaul, and DePaul faculty have led classes at Huaqiao. For recent TESOL Certificate graduates, a full-time university position in China can be a strong foundation for the U.S. college teaching market or doctoral study in a range of disciplines.
Furthermore, spending time working and living abroad can be an invaluable
personal experience and is seen as an asset by employers in many sectors.
One-year English teaching appointments include:
- 14 hours of teaching per week
- Competitive salary
- International and domestic travel allowance
- Free single-occupancy living accommodations
- Medical insurance
- Paid winter break
Apply for a 2018-19 Teaching Appointment
To be considered for a 2018-19 teaching appointment at Huaqiao, applicants should plan to complete and submit the following materials no later than March 10th, 2018:
- A letter of application—approximately 300 to 400 words—in which you explain your commitment to teach at Huaqiao for one year and foreground your training and experience to do so; the letter should also indicate that you are eligible to apply for a Chinese (Z) work visa, and that you will complete the visa application process on receipt of an Employment Permit and Visa Notification Letter
- A current CV (or academic resume), which clearly shows the anticipated graduation date for any program of study in progress
- A recent physical exam and the completed exam form (download here)
- A valid passport that is not dated to expire before 1/1/20. If you do not have a passport or yours expires before this date, you are strongly encouraged to apply for one immediately. Please send a copy of the first page.
All application materials should be submitted via email to WRD (Subject: Last Name – Huaqiao Teaching Application) by
March 10, 2018.
Professor Jason Schneider and Professor Peter Vandenberg will submit applications directly to Huaqiao’s English department. The 2018-19 academic year at Huaqiao begins in August.
Please send any questions to Prof. Jason Schneider.