College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences > Academics > Writing, Rhetoric and Discourse > Undergraduate > Professional Writing (Minor) > FAQ

Professional Writing Minor FAQ

Prospective PW Minors

I'm interested in being a Professional Writing minor. How do I declare, and why should I?

To declare the minor: go to Campus Connect > Academic Records > Change College, Major or Minor.

Officially declaring the PW minor is critical to make sure that you receive important advising information, course descriptions, and other updates from the Program Director. If you have any questions, contact the Program Direc​tor​. ​

Can courses I took outside DePaul count for credit in the PW minor?

Possibly.  However, only those courses already accepted by DePaul and appearing in your Degree Progress Report can be considered. Contact the Program Director by email.  Provide your Student ID number, and clearly indicate which courses taken elsewhere you wish to have considered for minor credit. 
Current PW Minors

What grades do I have to earn for courses to Count in the PW Minor?

According to the Student Catalog for Liberal Arts and Social Sciences minors, you must earn a grade of "C-" in each minor course and a GPA of no less than 2.0 for all courses in the minor.

May I take a course PASS/FAIL for PW minor credit?

No, to earn minor credit, a course must be graded A-F.

May I earn the Minor in Professional Writing and the Major in Writing and Rhetoric?

No, a student may not earn a major and minor in the same department.​​
Don't see an answer to your question? Email us at​.