College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences > Academics > Writing, Rhetoric and Discourse > Undergraduate > Writing and Rhetoric (BA) > FAQ

Writing and Rhetoric Major FAQ

Before declaring the major, you are strongly encouraged to meet with the department chair.

You can declare the Writing and Rhetoric major online via Campus Connect using the "Declarations and Inter-College Transfer" tool. Go to Campus Connect > Academic Records > Change College, Major or Minor.

Julie Bokser, the WRD Department Chair, serves as the advisor. Her office is located in the Schmitt Academic Center, room 350 (2320 N Kenmore Ave, Chicago, IL 60614). The best way to contact her is by email.

Contact Professor Bokser via email: or phone: 773-325-4821.

For firsthand experiences from WRD students, alumni, and faculty visit You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for up-to-date news and opportunities. 

Don't see an answer to your question? Email us at