College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences > Student Resources > Graduate Student Support > Forms > Incomplete Grade

Incomplete Grade

In the College of LAS, the Incomplete (IN) is an interim grade assigned to the student by permission of the instructor. The student who is seeking an IN in order to have extra time to finish course requirements should request it via the Incomplete Grade form, but only after:

  1. Reading the Incomplete Grade Policy in the Graduate Student Handbook.

  2. Discussing the conditions of the IN and receiving pre-approval for it from the instructor.

While this form is not required for an instructor to assign an IN grade to a student, it offers both parties the advantage of a clear statement of expectations, responsibilities, and process until the time when the course work is completed and the final grade for the course is assigned.

Copies of the completed form will be emailed to the student, the instructor, and the Office of the Dean.

Apply for Incomplete Grade‚Äč