College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences > Student Resources > Graduate Student Support > Forms > Transfer of Credit

Transfer of Credit Request

Graduate students can request that academic credit earned at another institution be transferred to DePaul University to fulfill graduate degree requirements. A maximum of three courses, or the equivalent of one quarter of total credits required for the degree, may be requested for transfer.

To transfer academic credit, you must submit a separate Transfer of Credit Request Form for each course requested for transfer. You must also submit a course description or syllabus and an official transcript from the other institution.Transcripts must be addressed and mailed to DePaul University, not the student. Electronic transcripts should be sent to the Office of Graduate Admission at Paper transcripts must be sealed and mailed to the following address:

Office of Graduate Admission
College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
DePaul University
2400 N. Sheffield Avenue
Chicago, IL 60614-3936

The request and syllabus or course description should be submitted to your graduate program director. Because the official transcript will be sent to the Office of Graduate Admission, you should also provide a second copy of the official transcript or an unofficial transcript to the graduate program director.

Upon his or her review, the request will be forwarded to the LAS Graduate Student Services Office for approval by the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs. Once approved, the Transfer Credit Processing Center will post the credit to your official academic records.

You will be notified about any determinations by email.

If you have any questions about the transfer of credit process, please do not hesitate to contact the Graduate Student Services Office.‚Äč