College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences > Student Resources > New Graduate Students > FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

The next step is for you to complete the online Intent to Enroll Form. This form notifies the Office of Graduate Admission of your intent to register for courses at DePaul.

In most cases, your advisor is the director of your graduate program. However, depending on your program, there may be exceptions. Please contact your program office to determine who your advisor will be. If you are a non-­degree student or a student­-at­-large, contact the coordinator of student services in the Liberal Arts and Social Sciences Graduate Office at (773) 325­-4008 or for assistance.
The date on which you can register for courses is determined by the university. You will receive an email from DePaul indicating the date on which registration begins. You can also view your registration appointment in the Student Center section of your Campus Connect. View a video tutorial about your enrollment appointment on The Learning Center website.

You will register online through Campus Connect by simply following the prompts to register for your first term. Please note that some programs will register you for your first term as a DePaul graduate student, so please check with your program office for specifics regarding course registration. After you have registered for classes, you can then obtain your student ID from ID Services.

Your initial DePaul University Campus Connect user ID and password was sent to you via email after you applied for admission. If you misplaced the letter or need assistance logging into Campus Connect, please contact DePaul's Help Desk at (312) 362-8765.

After registering for classes you may obtain your photo ID from any ID Services location.

Unlike semesters, which are typically 15-16 weeks in length, DePaul’s quarters are 10 weeks in length, occurring in the fall, winter, spring and summer. Since quarters are only 10 weeks in length, with one week dedicated to final exams, many of our students find the quarter system challenging and worthwhile, mimicking the speed of the real world. Quarters tend to progress rapidly; be sure to refer to the Academic Calendar for important deadlines and due dates.

Complete information about current tuition rates is on the Student Financial Accounts website.
You should update any changes to your contact information in Campus Connect. To change your name or correct your social security number, date of birth or gender, please visit the DePaul Central website.
Classroom assignments are posted on your schedule at the start of the academic quarter. You can view this information through Campus Connect. Classroom assignments are also located on the bulletin boards of all academic buildings on the first day of classes.
The Office of Financial Aid is your guide and your resource for answering questions and finding information for financing your graduate degree.
Some programs offer scholarship opportunities and/or graduate assistantships. Please contact your program office for more information.
While we do not provide a student health insurance plan, we encourage students to explore their options in the Healthcare Marketplace and work with local community organizations to provide support. This website provides information on a variety of Affordable Care Act compliant health insurance plans, as well as enrollment for Medicaid, if you qualify. Open enrollment for plans under the Affordable Care Act begins November 1st, but you may qualify to enroll now under the “Special Enrollment” provision. For detailed information, visit

For students requiring an I-20 form to apply for or maintain their F-1 student visa status:

Admitted international students seeking an F-1 or J-1 student visa must submit the following documents:

  • a copy of the identification page of your passport
  • a complete Financial Affidavit of Support form (available online after admission), and
  • original financial documents showing your ability to afford tuition and living expenses (through personal expenses or a sponsor).  Please note that the financial affidavit of support form and original bank statement verifying the availability of funds cannot be more than six months old. In addition, all documents must be written in English or accompanied by an official translation. Promissory notes or employers statement of estimated earnings will not be accepted.

If you are currently in F-1 visa status and attending another school, college, university or English Language program in the U.S. and are admitted to DePaul University, you must receive a new DePaul I-20 form and must submit the following documents in addition to the documents listed above:

  • a copy of your current or expired student visa page of passport
  • a copy of the front and back of your I-94 card
  • a copy of your current or previous I-20 form 
  • a completed transfer release form (provided upon admission)
  • and a copy of EAD card if you are currently on OPT.

You must receive your new DePaul I-20 within 60 days of completing your studies at your current institution. The documents outlined above are not requirements for admission, but are necessary for the issuance of your I-20 form. Please note that I-20 forms can only be issued to students who are accepted to DePaul in a full-time degree-seeking program.

Once a student is accepted, the Office of Graduate Admission will send each student an email listing the next steps to take, the specific documents you will need to submit in order to obtain your I-20 or DS-2019, as well as the website to which you may log on and submit all of the required documents.  All admitted students are encouraged to submit their documents online. If you are unable to do so, you may email your documents to our office at

Contact your program's director for any questions regarding the course(s) for which you should register. In addition you may view the online course catalog through Campus Connect for specific course information.