For complete details on the BA/MA program and the application process, refer to the BA/MA Info Sheet. Applications are due by April 15th of the student's Junior year. If you are interested in applying to the BA/MA Program, please contact the INT academic advisor, Mallory Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of International Studies offers a combined degree program that allows academically outstanding students the opportunity to to complete their current bachelor’s and a master’s degree in International Studies within five years. Students in this program investigate the underlying assumptions and histories of contemporary global issues, and analyze scholarship using approaches from social and cultural theory, as well as international political economy. This program is open to all majors at DePaul University. Students apply in the spring of their junior year.
During the senior year, admitted students take three graduate-level courses that double-count toward undergraduate and graduate requirements. Students beginning the MA portion of a combined degree program will receive the Double Demon Scholarship which covers 25% of the tuition on the remaining MA courses.Students must submit the following to the Graduate Admission Office at email@example.com by April 15th of their Junior year:
- International Studies BA/MA Application Form
- Official undergraduate transcript
- Statement of purpose based on prompt provided in BA/MA info sheet.
- Writing sample (please submit a research paper that demonstrates your ability to synthesize and analyze scholarly work.)
- Two letters of recommendation from professors (for INT majors, at least one from the International Studies faculty)
- Students admitted to the program must maintain a 3.0 GPA (B or better) in the three graduate courses taken as a senior. A grade lower than a B- is not acceptable for graduate credit.
- If a student fails to meet these requirements, s/he will not be allowed to continue as a graduate student in the program.