DePaul University College of LAS > Student Resources > Scholarships > Featured Scholarships > Rhodes >
If you wish to apply for a
Rhodes Scholarship, you should take the following steps:
Read the information about the Scholarships applicable globally, and then
proceed to your country-specific
page. Choose the post-graduate
degree program at Oxford. For the full listing of degrees offered by the
University of Oxford, visit www.ox.ac.uk.
you are familiar with Rhodes’ requirements reach out to the DePaul campus
representative for application tips and/ or questions about the application
process. Please note, you cannot
receive any assistance with your application
essay. No one other than you may make edits or suggest improvements to
your essay. As part of your
application, you must submit a statement attesting to the fact that the essay
is entirely your own work. For more
information, click here.
- Applications for Rhodes
Scholarships typically open during the summer.
During the spring and early summer should gather your
application materials, which generally include: transcripts, curriculum vitae/ resumé,
personal statement essay, evidence of age / birth certificate / passport, English
Language proficiency (if English is not
the first language), photograph, university endorsement letter, and list of referees
who can attest in confidential references to your character and intellect,
including academic, personal, extra-curricular and leadership achievements. Usually 5-8 referees are required. At least four must be from professors.
all materials by the campus deadline (typically early September). Check with the campus representative for the
- Work with the DePaul adviser to
schedule an interview with a campus committee composed of DePaul faculty.
This interview is a way for you to demonstrate that you have a
well-crafted application and are prepared for study at Oxford. It is necessary for DePaul to produce an
endorsement letter, which is a required part of the application for American
your final application by the national deadline (early-October). See the
Rhodes website for the exact deadline. The application must include an
endorsement by the DePaul campus committee.
Prepare for a face-to-face interview with a
Rhodes committee. Not all applicants
will be invited for an interview. If you
are invited, the interview will take place on the Friday and Saturday before
Thanksgiving. The location of the
interview is announced after the application deadline.
- Spring/ Summer: Select the Oxford program to which you plan to
apply and begin preparing application materials. Reach out to faculty
advisers that can help you with your research plan and write your
letters of recommendation. Contact the DePaul scholarship adviser for assistance.
- late Summer: Work with the scholarship and faculty advisers to strengthen your application. (You cannot receive any assistance or feedback on your application essay).
- early September: Submit your application materials to the DePaul scholarship adviser. Contact the adviser for the specific campus deadline.
- mid to late September: Conduct interview with DePaul campus committee.
- early October: Submit final application materials to Rhodes. Check the Rhodes website for the specific national deadline.
- Friday and Saturday before Thanksgiving: if invited, participate in an interview with a Rhodes committee. The interview location is announced after the national deadline.