College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences > Student Resources > Undergraduate Advising > Forms > Declaration of Major

Declaration of Major, Minor & Concentration

All students in the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences are required to declare a major field of study prior to beginning their junior year. 

DePaul University allows you to manage your academic career online via Campus Connect. You can change your college, major, minor and concentration on your own. For guidance on how to change your college, major or minor, see the Office for Academic Advising Support (OAAS). This tool will make the updates to your student record automatically, provided you meet all of the eligibility requirements to inter-college transfer (ICT) or declare major or minor of your choice.

Before using Campus Connect, please be sure to research the college, major, minor and/or concentration you wish to declare by reviewing the University Catalog, running a What-If degree progress report (DPR) or talking to an advisor in the Office of Academic Advising Support.

If you have any questions about how to use the self-service functions in Campus Connect, you can view a tutorial in the DePaul Central Learning Center. If you have questions about what is required to declare, please work with an academic advisor.

Students declaring a major in the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences will be assigned to a faculty advisor in the department or program after they have officially declared a major, minor or concentration and should make an appointment to see that advisor at his or her earliest convenience.

Degree conferral applicants who wish to declare or change their major, minor and/or concentration must email Please contact your academic advisor to discuss how a change to your academic career may affect your degree conferral status.

Students who wish to declare the certificate program in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) should email

Note: Requests submitted directly to and/or during registration may experience a delay in processing.  Please plan accordingly.

Undergraduate Office
2352 N. Clifton Ave., Suite 130
Chicago, IL 60614
Graduate Office
990 W. Fullerton Ave., Suite 1200
Chicago, IL 60614