College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences > Academics > Women's and Gender Studies > Student Resources > 10 Reasons to Apply for the 5-Year BA/MA
1. You can take 3 graduate classes (2 required) your senior year at the undergraduate tuition rate and the credits will count toward both your BA and your MA in Women’s and Gender Studies – Save money!
2. You can attain an MA in only one additional year of school (rather than 2). – Save time!
3. You can get a 25% Double Demon tuition discount once you’ve completed the BA for the remaining year of MA classes – Save more money!
4. You will enter the MA program with a theoretical foundation that will put you in an excellent position to deepen your knowledge in your areas of interest.
5. You can strengthen your unique critical, analytic, interdisciplinary approaches and skills.
6. You will continue to grow with the supportive WGS community that you know and love, and to expand this community with the MA cohort.
7. If you want, you can expand your BA capstone into the Final MA Project.
8. You will have the opportunity to further develop your relationships with departmental and affiliated faculty at DePaul to pursue your goals.
9. You will have access to a dizzying array of graduate internships with organizations in Chicago, leading to future job opportunities.
10. With an MA, you will be in an excellent position to apply for a PhD Program and/or to become employed in the many WGS-related fields (eg., social services, human rights, legal advocacy, public policy, media and communication, community organizing, creative arts, social justice).
INTERESTED? Contact Dr. Ann Russo, Graduate Director, at email@example.com or check out our WGS BA/MA program page to learn more about the program and the application process.
Applications Due: April 30