To be eligible for the Public Administration (MPA) program, students must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. In addition, successful applicants must demonstrate, through past academic or professional work, a capacity for achievement.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A completed online application
- Official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended
- Two-page personal statement describing your educational and career goals, relevant work or volunteer experience, and any special circumstances affecting past or prospective academic performance
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
How to Apply
Application can be submitted through the Online Application Center
Transcripts and other required credentials should be mailed to:
The Office of Graduate Admission
College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
2400 North Sheffield Avenue
Chicago, IL 60614-3936
Application credentials (including official electronic transcripts) also can be emailed to The Office of Graduate Admission at email@example.com. Please make sure your name is on all documents.
Students educated outside of the United States where English is not the official native language must present evidence of English proficiency. A minimum TOEFL score of 590 (paper-based), 243 (computer-based), 96 (Internet-based) or a minimum 7.5 on the IELTS may be submitted for this requirement.
International students (those who were educated outside of the U.S. and/or require an F1 visa) must take additional steps to be considered for admission. Please visit the International Admission page for exact information.
Combined Bachelor's/Master's Applicants
Students completing any undergraduate degree at DePaul are eligible to apply for the Bachelor's/Master's in Public Administration in their junior year if they meet the following criteria:
- They have achieved junior status.
- They have completed at least 88 credit hours of their undergraduate degree.
- They have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Students interested in the program must submit an application with the Office of Graduate Admission no later than the end of the Spring Quarter of their junior year. Students seeking admission to the BA/MPA Program must:
- Submit an application
- Provide a copy of their undergraduate transcript
- Provide a Statement of Purpose (2 pages) explaining why the student is seeking admission to the program
- Provide a resume
The application and all supporting documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-service students (those without at least 12 months of continuous paid work experience in government or government-related activities following their undergraduate degree) are required to take an additional 4 credit hour internship (MPS 601 or MPS 610) as part of their degree program.
Please note that the information provided is current as of March 2017 and is subject to change.
Learn more about Graduate Admission.
Ready to apply?
If you need assistance to complete your application and/or have questions, contact the LAS Graduate Admission office at (773) 325-7315 or email@example.com.