The International Public Service (IPS)
degree educates ethical leaders to work in internationally focused organizations in the US and abroad and emphasizes understanding cross-sector relations.
The curriculum offers a balanced education in:
- International leadership (ethical, theoretical and practical)
- Project management (for organizations, sectors and institutions)
- Evaluation (assessment, monitoring and impact analysis)
At DePaul, we believe that leaders need practical skills and first-hand experiences in solving global problems. The IPS program requires students to gain experiential and professional experiences through:
- An international or intercultural internship
- Participation in a study abroad program.
At the core of the IPS program is our commitment to strengthening local communities and reducing disparities throughout the world by building capacity through sustainable development. We promote compassion for marginalized communities and service to all people with sensitivity, professionalism, accountability, transparency and justice.